If your business is not on at least three of the most popular social media platforms, your business is pretty much living in another era. When it comes down to it, social media can increase business and it can increase exposure. If you are in a niche industry, social media marketing may be the only way for your business to compete in a very obscure market place. And if your business is on a few social media platforms, there is a good chance that you need to amp up your campaign for a new generation of social media savvy consumers. Here are five ways to give your business a social media makeover.
1. Amp up your status updates. There is a statistic that says only about 15% of your status updates are read or shared, which means that when you add a new product or advertise a new service on your social media page, it probably goes unnoticed. So, you want to find a way to make your status updates more eye catching and interesting – mainly so people want to click on them.
2. Add an ability for people to sign up for a newsletter. Many social media platforms offer you – the business – the ability to gather people’s email addresses, so that you can build up a newsletter. Sending out status updates is one thing, but when it comes to having a one on one interaction with consumers, you want to make sure that you send information in a more direct manner. Sending emails is far more direct and targeted than other methods of sending out information and you can often increase conversion rates this way.
3. Offer a tool that people can use. One of the best ways to make your social media platform more successful is to offer your followers a tool that they can use. If you own a storefront with multiple franchises, you may be able to offer a tool that people can download on their smartphones that allows people to more easily find your franchises based on GPS coordinates. If you make the tool more useful and interesting, the more people will download it, which will certainly be good for business.
4. Take a social media course or get your degree in social media. This may be an extreme way to give your business a social media makeover, but it can be incredibly successful if you want to get a better grasp on how social media can make your business more successful. If you want to find a great social media degree program, you may want to visit http://www.socialmediadegree.jou.ufl.edu to find out how you can start classes.
5. Join a new social media platform. Sometimes all it takes is joining a brand new social media platform if you want to increase your business’ social media presence. When it comes down to it, there are numerous social media platforms that are gaining in popularity, so all you have to do is find one that works best for your business. Who knows, there could be a totally untapped resource that your business hasn’t tapped into yet.
6. Take advantage of new features. If you really want to prove your social media savvy, you are going to want to keep up-to-date on new features being added to popular platforms, like Instagram and Facebook. Whenever there is an update, immediately learn all you can about new features and figure out ways in which they can help your business’ social media marketing campaigns. For example, Facebook’s new “life events” feature can help you to target your audience even better. Perhaps you sell baby gear; you can use these life events to tailor your social media advertisements to those profiles who have announced a birth within the last couple months. Always learn about new Facebook features or other social media platforms when they first come out. Then, use them to further your business’ social media presence.